Nothing to do?
Here are some project ideas. Pick one and get busy. Invite others to work with you.
- Save the Animals essay competition – Read about endangered animals. Come up with some ways to help keep them safe. Write about your ideas. Prepare for the 2018 competition that starts in Sept 2017.
- Stories – Creative writing, share stories. Illustrate stories
- Book reports, game reviews – Write a review to share.
- LEGO Challenges – Using LEGO blocks, build a model Mars habitat, a bridge to span a 6 inch gap, a robot to carry your backpack to school. Or come up with your own problem and solve it with LEGO. Here are 75 more ideas.
- abcya.com – games by grade level
- Hour of Code – Angry Bird, Frozen, MineCraft, Star Wars – make it happen
- Create a Game – Use the Scratch application to design and build a game.
- Spaghetti tower – 15 sticks of uncooked thin spaghetti and 30 mini-marshmallows, 18 minutes. Identify the problem and brainstorm, design, build, test, redesign and share solutions. Measure and record strength and amount of weight the structure will hold.
For bigger kids
- Plan an activity for everyone, Get all the supplies together. Make a sample or test the demonstration with a few kids. Tell everyone what they will be doing. Show what it looks like. Get everyone to Do it!