Welcome. This is a new area of interest – providing resources, updates, ideas for families to support their kids. More than just academic support, although that is important, too.
Think big! These are small people. What do we want for them? Curiosity, good health – activity, nutrition. Lifelong learning skills – critical thinking, reflection, mindfulness, resilience, respect.
- Expect Success – Let him know that you expect him to do “his best” so that he’ll be proud of what he can accomplish. If you make that expectation clear and provide a home environment that promotes learning, then your child will have a greater chance of becoming the best student he can be.
These resources are compiled by educators, parents, community members, youth leaders, mentors and kids.
- Table Talk math – Table Talk Math
- Resources – Table Talk math
- “Each week, the newsletter will have a different prompt, maybe an article or a book recommendation, and guest contributions. Subscribe to Table Talk Math and prepare for a weekly idea (or two)…
- Tips for School Success
- “Now that they are older, they still seek your interest and approval. Take the time to talk about the things they are learning, link family activities to academic subjects, have dinner convers…
- Twenty Ways You Can Help Your Children Succeed At School | Colorín Colorado
- “Encourage active learning. Children need active learning as well as quiet learning such as reading and doing homework. Active learning involves asking and answering questions, solving problem…
- Ten Tips for Your Child’s Success in School – HealthyChildren.org
- “Read, Again and Again It is often said that children spend the first several years learning to read, and the rest of the lives reading to learn. The written word is a gateway to all kinds of…
- 13 Tips for Success From a Middle School Principal | Parents | Scholastic.com
- “Encourage her to pursue interests and make friends through extracurricular activities. Be certain, however, that she selects no more than a few activities so she has adequate time for schoolw…
- Teacher Tips for School Success | Parents | Scholastic.com
- “Teacher Tips for School Success A great year isn’t just about good grades! We asked school staffers to share what teachers want parents to know.”