“How much do I need to know about computers and the internet for this course and online learning in general?”
Glance through this material to make sure that you are familiar with common computer and internet operations. The topics listed below are basic information and operations to prepare you for online learning. When you click on a topic, you will be presented with a description of that item and a link to learn more about the topic.
- 1 Computer Operating Systems
- 2 Using your Mouse
- 3 Your computer desktop
- 4 Working with Windows
- 5 Common Computer Programs and ‘Apps’
- 6 Working with Files and Folders
- 7 Common File Types
- 8 File Storage: How and Where Do I Save My Files?
- 9 Windows Keyboard Shortcuts