- Seven Ways to Boost Collaboration in P.B.L. – John Spencer
- Begin With Student Ownership “voice and choice” as one of their key design elements in PBL. If we want students to be truly engaged, we need to move beyond simply engagement and into empowerment
- FIRST Tech Challenge | FIRST
- It’s way more than building robots. FIRST Tech Challenge teams (10+ members, grades 7-12) are challenged to design, build, program, and operate robots to compete in a head-to-head challenge
- How the Heck Do You Manage a Project-Based Classroom? – A.J. JULIANI
- PBL requires an action plan. What is going to be learned, created, shared? When is it going to be completed by? Who is going to be responsible? What barriers and obstacles might be in the way?
- Canvas Network | Free online courses | MOOCs
- Engage in a Learning Experience. Enroll in open, online courses from colleges, universities, and organizations worldwide.
- Scaffolding Student Thinking in Projects | Blog | Project Based Learning | BIE
- In order to make sure our projects teach students substantive critical thinking skills, we must think purposefully about designing complex, high-level tasks and driving questions
- D.School Stanford University | Start small, and start now ! – uuushh*
- “They have learned that space can be used as a tool to fuel the creative process by encouraging and discouraging specific behaviors/actions and by creating venues for emotional expression
- Stanford d.School – MKThink
- The whole culture of the place says ‘we’re looking for better ideas,’ not ‘keep your feet off the furniture.’ “Every element is meant to stir innovation…
- Wall-E: Reconfigurable Walls at Stanford d.school Make Each Class the
- a massively reconfigurable wall system that lets instructors create the perfectly sized space for each class. The school’s second floor is, essentially, one large room, framed by a truss system
- Welcome to the K12 Lab Network wiki!
- human-centered creative process to solve problem scenarios called design challenges. After using the process on these challenges, people will have another tool, the design thinking process
- K12 Lab Network — Stanford d.school
- K12 Lab Network is a catalyst for the national movement to bring design thinking into schools and to help communities think beyond current school models. We empower educators and innovators
- Events | Project Based Learning | BIE
- Hillfield Strathallan College (HSC), an independent day school for students from Pre-K to Grade 12, is excited to be hosting the second annual PBL Canada Institute this August (20-22).
- Why PBL? | Project Based Learning | BIE
- PBL improves learning. After completing a project, students understand content more deeply, remember what they learn and retain it longer than is often the case with traditional instruction.
- Deeper Learning in Schools – Deeper Learning
- More than 500 schools around the country are currently implementing deeper learning. They are proof points—examples that show deeper learning can improve student outcomes.
- Looking for a PBL School? Here’s Some Guidance | Blog | Project Based Learning | BIE
- About the quality of PBL: Are projects seen as the “main course” through which important content and skills are taught, or are they “dessert” or “side dish” assignments?
- Your Students can be “Makers”: 16 Projects Invented by Teachers
- every single project was immediately applicable back in the participant’s classroom. Most of them are generally applicable in any learning environment! Serious high school science content