Design thinking is people-centered problem solving.
This is solution-based, or solution-focused thinking – starting with a goal (a better future situation) instead of solving a specific problem. By considering both present and future conditions and parameters of the problem, alternative solutions may be explored simultaneously.
Design thinking identifies and investigates with both known and ambiguous aspects of the current situation in order to discover hidden parameters and open alternative paths which may lead to the goal. Because design thinking is iterative, intermediate “solutions” are also potential starting points of alternative paths, including redefining of the initial problem.
- KWHLAQ Graphic Organizer: Created by Naomi Harm – Google Docs Templates
- KWHLAQ graphic organizer to support student reading/writing, PBL, Genius Hour, 20% Time research projects, and to document student growth…
- Project-based Learning: Questions and Need-to-Knows –
- students keep an individual Peel the Fruit Map that they updated every day so that I could track individual student’s understanding. We…
- Science, Engineering and Design! Video 4: Prototyping – YouTube
- prototyping – the process of using materials to create real-life drafts of ideas you have.
- Welcome to the K12 Lab Network wiki!
- Design thinking is a methodology for creative problem solving. You can use it to inform your own teaching practice, or you can teach it t…
- Prompts – DEEP design thinking
- widgets, posters, visuals, guidelines, examples
<strong>Annotations:</strong> <ul class=”diigo-a…
- DT Challenge Generator
- Draw How To Make Toast – a Wicked Problem Solving™ Tool
- In just 3 minutes, each person sketches a diagram of how to make toast. When comparing diagrams, people are shocked at how diverse the di…
- Tom Wujec: Got a wicked problem? First, tell me how you make toast | TED Talk | TED.com
- Making toast doesn’t sound very complicated — until someone asks you to draw the process, step by step. Tom Wujec loves asking people…
- Kim Saxe (@kimsaxe) | Twitter
- Kim Saxe@kimsaxedesign thinker, educator, creator, curriculum fanatic, writer, engineer, artist, pioneer ~ Director, The Nueva Scho…
- Everyday Influence: Design Thinking for Developing Innovative Communication Strategies
- Design thinking is a process for practical, creative resolution of problems or issues that looks for an improved future result. It is th…
- Design Thinking image .jpg
- DEEP – Discover, Empathize, Experiement, Produce
- Why DEEPdt as a design thinking process? – DEEP design thinking
- DEEP Design Thinking – Discover, Empathize, Experiment, Produce
- Week 01 IDEO on Vimeo
- What does being a designer mean to you? IDEO staff
- empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test, repeat
- d.school: the whiteboard | A design thinker’s cheat sheet
- being “mindful of process” means being thoughtful not only about what work you do, but also how you do it, and more importantly how y…
- 5 Big Benefits Of Being A Doodler
- Doodling — the spontaneous act of drawing, typically in the margins of whatever one is really supposed to be working on — is more than…
- The importance of prototyping: Creative Confidence by Tom and David Kelley.
- The reason for prototyping is experimentation—the act of creating forces you to ask questions and make choices. It also gives you somet…
- World of Design Thinking on Pinterest | Design Thinking, Creativity and Challenges
- World of Design Thinking – What is design thinking? And how can it be used in education? Check out our pins for useful resources and insp…
- Pentomino Puzzles; Spatial Sense, Geometrical Visualization, and Reasoning Skills – Mr. L’s Math
- pentominoes, using 5 squares, are the polyomino that has gotten the most popularity due to their versatility in generating puzzles….